As I have reflected on that time, God has graciously given me a new perspective on it all. Why is it that we are created at all? Isaiah 43:7 says for His glory;
"Everyone who is called by My name,
And whom I have created for My glory,
Whom I have formed, even who I have made.”
We know that God does not give away or share His glory;
“I am the LORD, that is My name;
I will not give My glory to another,
Nor My praise to graven images.
Isaiah 42:8
God is rightly jealous for His glory. I have a friend who says that she is a vessel that God uses to bring souls into this world. She's right. As mothers, our bodies are vessels that God uses. I am the vessel God used to bring Moriah into existence. Moriah's purpose is now to be in the very presence of God, giving Him glory. Could it be that, that was God's purpose for Moriah all along? I think so. That means God chose me as the vessel through which He is now glorified! I am humbled that He would use me in such a way.
Even at that time God did not leave me in my broken state. Although we would not know for a few months, within weeks God filled my womb again. He blessed us with Phineas. As I am writing this I am struck by how significant this all is. God gave us a child to glorify Himself in heaven, and then gave us another whom we named after some one who defended His glory on earth (Numbers 25). None of which was thought through till this moment. We earnestly look forward to the day we will all join Moriah in God's presence...giving all glory to Him, now and forever.



No comments:
Post a Comment