Thursday, November 5, 2009

Low Country Stew


Dinner was a big success last night. I'm not sure I have ever seen my husband get that excited over a meal! He even emailed me today to tell me how much he was enjoying the leftovers for lunch. So, I figured this was a recipe worth sharing. For our family we increase the sausage to two pounds and decrease the shrimp to one pound.

Low Country Stew

8 small new / red potatoes
1 large sweet onion, quartered
1 lb RF smoked Kielbasa, sliced in thick pieces
(2 T Old Bay seasoning, 4-5 c water)
4-6 ears fresh corn on the cob, halved
2 bags 16 oz frozen uncooked shrimp
(Cocktail sauce)

Put potatoes, onion, corn and sausage in large
pot with 4-5 cups of water. Stir in Old Bay
seasoning. Bring to boil. Reduce to med for 10
min. Add shrimp. Simmer 5-10 min, until
shrimp is done. Drain all in colander and serve
all on a large platter. Peel shrimp and eat with
cocktail sauce.

Aaron calls it the "platter of stuff"


No comments:

Post a Comment