I started a math workbook with Elijah last week. He is a numbers guy. Before starting any 'formal' education he had already figured out basic math concepts. It appears though, that he may be sequential to a fault. :) The first math lesson had him counting groups in order from one to ten. No problem. The next day he had to count groups out of order. Oh the horror! Counting was not a problem, but it drove him crazy that they were not in sequential order. It was a tough lesson to get through. :) At the end I had him point and count to the groups in order. He felt much better!
He also discovered that reading is fun that day. At first he was reluctant to read an actual book. Once he discovered he could really do it, he was super excited.
It was a fun day for me as I got to see how strong certain aspects of his personality are, and to see him growing in assurance of his abilities.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment