Thursday, April 8, 2010

No, thanks...

We don't get many door to door sales. We've had some doozies lately though. I could never quite grasp the logic that says; "The way into their wallet is to increase the 'rudeness quotient'." So, a LOVELY sales girl took it upon herself to enlighten us the other night. Apparently by not posting a 'NO SOLICITING' sign, you have already agreed to say 'YES' to whatever walks up to your door. Oh, yeah? So WE are being rude by telling them no, thus their own rudeness is justified. (Okay, not EXACTLY her words, but it captures the essence) Well, here you go:

I'll figure out a more creative and permanent solution later. For now, maybe this will keep them from knocking, then knocking again, then ringing the doorbell when you don't come quickly enough...

2 comments:

  1. I know all about this since we live in town, but I didn't want a "no soliciting" sign. So we have a sign on the door that says "We are a homeschooling family. Please DO NOT DISTURB unless you are family, friend, or making a delivery." It seems to help. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a nice way to do it! I didn't love the idea of a 'no soliciting' sign. It seems rather cold. I guess the 'please' part made me feel a bit better about it. :)

    ReplyDelete