Tuesday, May 7, 2013

We have a name

Choosing a name is never easy for us, especially for our boys. So, we pray about it and trust God to bring us to agreement. Of course, no one else tends to agree with our choices, but we're fine with that!

The past few months, through several different sources (books, studies, sermons...), I have been brought to Hebrews 11:6

And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who seek Him.

That last phrase, and that He rewards those who seek Him, has stayed in my mind.

Recently I came across this verse

 Of Issachar, men who had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do..                      
 1 Chronicles 12:32

I was really struck by this verse.  These are the kind of men we need more of. So, I sent the name Issachar to Aaron, not really expecting him to like it, but he did. So I looked up the meaning. The first one I found was "there is a reward." Well, that certainly went with the verse in Hebrews that had been on my mind so often. Then, on the next name site someone had left a lone comment about the name (all the punctuation is theirs):

Issachar..an uncommon name for a very uncommon man..a man called for a specific time & a specific purpose..said of in Old Testament times, A MAN WHO, UNLIKE HIS PEERS, was NOT fooled by the sight of his physical eyes nor physical ears..BUT saw with HIS eyes & heard with HIS ears..reading the SIGNS & KNOWING THE SIGNS OF THE TIMES..THEREFORE KNOWING HOW TO PROCEED UNTO UNPRECEDENTED VICTORY WITH DIVINELY ORCHESTRATED MOVES, DECISiONS, STRATEGIES ETC........... ALL GLORY TO THE KING OF ALL KINGS!
 
I shared these things with Aaron, and we knew this was his name. So, baby Issachar Eugene will be joining us mid summer. We are excited to welcome him!

No comments:

Post a Comment