Monday, November 29, 2010

'good stuff'

I had a few more 'chores' I wanted to complete after dinner tonight. Usually our oldest two do most of  the dinner clean up, but they were away at Bible study. Yet, I wasn't without help either. Paige (4) unloaded the dryer, while Lila (2) helped empty the dishwasher. Paige came back in the kitchen as the last clean dishes were put away and said:
    
     "Now we can do the dishes and wash the diapers. That's good stuff!"

'Good stuff' is not the first thought that comes to my mind when it comes to doing what needs to be done. She is right though, it is 'good stuff.' Actually, it's the 'best' stuff because it is what God has called me to. I am called to exemplify those Biblical women in Proverbs and Titus. It is a high and beautiful calling. I admit I struggle to see the beauty when I am overwhelmed by all the daily demands. Often, I am so focused on the countless ways I fall short that I loose sight of the One who is at work in me. He is working; and He promises not to stop until that work is complete.

I pray that He helps me to see all I do, every bit of it, as 'good stuff.' I pray too, that my daughters would keep that view in their hearts always as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment