Sunday, March 21, 2010

Field Trip

We finally went on what I guess you would call a 'real' field trip. I'm sure that's what my kids would say anyways. The Oregon Symphony gave an educational concert. Each type of instrument was presented and then they performed a song highlighting that instrument group. We all agreed that the percussion instruments were the most fun. We got some good laughs out of the different sounds they could play. It lasted about an hour ~ perfect timing for a six year old boy in those flip down style seats. :) Even Emi Beth was enthralled. She woke up when it started and sat mesmerized the entire hour. Maybe we have a future symphony  member on our hands.


As an added note, Elijah is now the proud owner of a library card! He had to read a book, by himself, to Dad. When he got home he excitedly jumped through the house to show me. I love that. Cultivating readers. We may have to line every wall with book shelves some day. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment