Saturday, February 6, 2010

What a day!

Normally I would not bother to blog about my birthday, but this year was a little different. Lauren (9) worked hard to make the day special for me. She made lists, held secret meetings, made gifts, designed a cake, called people to help; she went all out! (Kudos go to Aaron as well. What a Dad to help and give a bit of guidance when needed)

I had coffee cake and a latte in bed first thing. Then Grandma hung out with the four older kids while Aaron and I headed out for the afternoon. When we got back to Grandma's house the table was birthday ready. :) There were flowers and candles from each child. Then the cake that Lauren designed. (Grandpa made the design reality) I must say this was the COOLEST cake ever!

A green coffee mug (latte) with a family portrait!




Obviously it tasted good too!


Even Emily was awake for the festivities

.

2 comments:

  1. We think the cake is so wonderful! We think your family is even MORE wonderful!! What a blessing they are to you. So thankful that you had a special day. ~Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a lovely family. Lauren is a good designer and how special to spend time with her daddy planning your birthday!

    ReplyDelete