The first thing I need to do is accept His call ~ without fully knowing what all it entails. Right now that means being a wife, a mom, and a homeschooling family while maintaining a mostly ordered(or at least functional) home. It means I am a wife to an incredible husband with a disease that may or may not progress. It means I am a mom to four great kids with another on the way; with the potential to have more. It means I am responsible for training and educating my kids, even if I don't feel like I have a grasp on what that looks like. It means I accept what He has revealed for today, even if I don't see the details for tomorrow. It means I persevere in self discipline, even when I tend to see and feel only chaos.
So how do I do all that?!? Well, God made that pretty clear today too.
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity,
but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.
2 Timothy 1.7
This is one of those verses I have heard countless times. And as God often does, He got my attention and drove it straight in. This would most likely be because I have been crying out to Him (might be more like whining out to Him) saying; "I don't love my family well enough!" Or, "I try and try but nothing ever seems to get done!" Hmm Jami, maybe that's because YOU are trying. God told me point blank that HE has given me what I need to love my family and be more disciplined; It's His spirit!
He has called me and He gives me what I need to accomplish that call. He gives me what I need because He wants me to succeed! Now, I pray that He will help me take on this perspective EVERY DAY! I know I will loose focus, but as I look to Him that should happen less and less. My goodness! What a blessing that would be to God, my family and myself.
Just one final thing. This was from another passage we focused on this morning, it is found throughout the Bible but we happened to be in 2 Chronicles 7.
they worshiped and gave praise to the LORD, saying,
"Truly He is good, truly His lovingkindness is everlasting."



Praise God!! I embrace His call on my life along with you, Jami. I love His work, His ways, and I WILL praise Him. Thank you for your encouragement and obedience. I echo, Truly He is good, truly His lovingkindness is everlasting.
ReplyDeletexo jill
I am so grateful to be walking this path WITH you!
ReplyDelete